- Khandallah Town Hall, 11 Ganges Rd
- Wednesday evenings 5th April to 23rd November
- 7:30-8:30pm April to September
- 7:30-8:30pm October to November
- Extra 20min on first Wed of the month for stretching session
- $2 per evening or $45 per season if paid in April
- Bring bike, indoor trainer, wheel block, towel(s), drink
- Cadence and/or heart rate monitor an advantage
- Magneto trainers with remotes preferred to noisier wind models
(see Shane if you need to upgrade)
Improve fitness, strength and technique in a friendly atmosphere out of the weather
Evenings are led by one or two experienced tarbabies (Shane, Westie, Ric or Malcolm)
from the stage, calling the shots with the aid of a PA kit.
They start with a warm-up for about 10 min
followed by some stretching. The main event consists of one or more
circuits of a notional circuit with a mixture of cadence, gearing and load
to simulate hills and wind conditions. After more stretches to ease
the lactate, its time to wipe up the sweat, pack up and stumble out.
On the first Wednesday of each month, evenings start
with a Body In Line stretching session led by Vanessa Green, adding 20min to the total session.
October and November evenings are
30min longer as part of the build up for Taupo
Total "distance" travelled averages 40km